SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMPLY HIS

CONSIDERING THE END OF THEIR CONVERSATION, JESUS CHRIST Heb:13:7

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pat Robertson

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

Pat Robertson Empty
PostSubject: Pat Robertson   Pat Robertson Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Pat Robertson (700 club) seems to be in a bit of hot water for suggesting that the Haitian earthquake may be the direct consequence of an (alleged) "pact the Haitians made with the devil to free them from french rule" in the past.
Back to top Go down
Harleygirl
saint
saint
Harleygirl

Pat Robertson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson   Pat Robertson Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:41 am

Wow that is a bit strong, just seen this by the way.
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

Pat Robertson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson   Pat Robertson Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 am

I saw that Hetty but only just saw your post as Harley said so sorry.
Does anyone think that God allowed this for a purpose or had nothing to do with it?
Back to top Go down
https://simplyhis.rpg-board.net
Harleygirl
saint
saint
Harleygirl

Pat Robertson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson   Pat Robertson Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:45 am

Its a tough one Anne. I think God brings good out of trouble, if that makes sense. I believe that so many people will turn to Jesus because of this. It did say in the last days that earthquakes etc will increase and in my opinion though the older people (respectfully) will know better than me , it has increased.

The only thing we can do is pray for the surviours for there salvation and that through the likes of Christian Aid etc they will see the light of Christ.

Sorry I know sometime I am not very good explaining things. Pat Robertson 550159
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

Pat Robertson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson   Pat Robertson Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:44 pm

I agree Harley God does bring good out of trouble but I think what Pat Robinson was saying is that it was a judgement on the people of Hiati from God, I wonder about that one, I don't know but I do think God allowed this to happen.
A preacher who is in my church (not my pastor) once said at our bible reading meeting he said, don't you think it strange that Nations that have upheld God and allowed the gospel message to be preached, sent out missionaries are the Nations that God seems to have blessed''
what would anyone thoughts be on that comment also? i'm open on this one.
Back to top Go down
Harleygirl
saint
saint
Harleygirl

Pat Robertson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson   Pat Robertson Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:28 pm

Blessed in what why though Anne?

We are blessed in the respect that we are free to have Church, read our bible and teach Christianity, but we live in a secular world.

Here if we speak to someone about Christianity we can be sunned, laughed at because they think we have lost the plot. In India, China etc they LOVE to hear about Jesus they risk there lives to hear the Good news to met in fellowship. They are blessed to have a close relationship with Christ, most people here take it for granted. (I hope I make sense)
Back to top Go down
Anne
Admin
Anne

Pat Robertson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson   Pat Robertson Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:36 pm

You do make sense Harley.
We definately are turning away from God as is America and I believe we are seeing Gods hand of protection and Blessing being lifted.
But I could be wrong Harley Pat Robertson 550159
Back to top Go down
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

Pat Robertson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson   Pat Robertson Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:26 pm

I think I mentioned about Haiti in another thread.
Not sure about Pat Robertson, I've only heard about what he said, not what he actually said.
Can he be 100% certain that the Haitian people have done as he said?
I do know that witchcraft there is rife, as is hedonism.

I think only God knows for sure, so maybe Pat could have been a bit more careful with his words, but it is quite possible that God decided to show His wrath so that people might turned to Him.
Back to top Go down
Hetty
saint
saint
Hetty

Pat Robertson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson   Pat Robertson Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:32 pm

I think that if what Pat said is true (and who knows really?) then to enter into a pact like that surely would bring great misfortune down upon you (he, or someone else, I forget, also talked about how the Dominican Republic which borders Haiti is very fruitful proseperous etc whilst in Haiti even the crops are twisted and strangled things)..however as the bible says the rain falls on the just and the unjust too..so there is a balance there that we have to be mindful of.

It's a bit of a minefiled I guess, the only good thing is that if it is the truth, and again who knows? then perhaps it would lead some people to think and maybe some repentance and healing could take place.

I do think he meant well, but perhaps it was not the time or the place to air such thoughts.

One thing that has occurred to me as I've thought about this is: we have all seen people on RTV talking about things like Freemasonry and how the *vows* said in such ceremonies, the regalia etc are not harmless and can bring great trouble on participating familes which can last for generations..well, if THAT is true if such a satanic pact took place in Haiti as Robertson says what kind of catastrophic effect would that have?
Back to top Go down
Elaine
saint
saint
Elaine

Pat Robertson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson   Pat Robertson Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:02 pm

I didn't know about this bit Hetty

Quote :
also talked about how the Dominican Republic which borders Haiti is
very fruitful proseperous etc whilst in Haiti even the crops are
twisted and strangled things

I wonder how they know, it would be interesting to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pat Robertson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pat Robertson   Pat Robertson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pat Robertson
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SIMPLY HIS :: WELCOME TO SIMPLY HIS :: Bible Verses-
Jump to: