SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMPLY HIS

CONSIDERING THE END OF THEIR CONVERSATION, JESUS CHRIST Heb:13:7

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ecc 8 devotions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 2:50 am

Ecclesiastes 8:1
KJV 1 Who is as the wise man? and who knoweth the interpretation of a thing? a man's wisdom maketh his face to shine, and the boldness of his face shall be changed.
MSTC 1 Who is wise? Who hath knowledge to make an answer? Wisdom maketh a man's face to shine, but malice putteth it out of favour.

These are my thoughts.
Where do find our wisdom from man or from God?
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 9:21 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:2
KJV 2 I counsel thee to keep the king's commandment, and that in regard of the oath of God.
MSTC 2 Keep the king's commandment, I warn thee, and the oath that thou hast made unto God.

These are my thoughts.
We should not make oaths but simply live to follow the Word of our Lord and King.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 9:10 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:3
KJV 3 Be not hasty to go out of his sight: stand not in an evil thing; for he doeth whatsoever pleaseth him.
MSTC 3 Be not hasty to go out of his sight, and see thou continue in no evil thing: for whatsoever it pleaseth him, that doeth he.

These are my thoughts.
This is the way the world lives we are to live for Him so we stay in His presence.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 3:18 am

Ecclesiastes 8:4
KJV 4 Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?
MSTC 4 Like as when a king giveth a charge, his commandment is mighty: Even so whom may say unto him, "What doest thou?"

These are my thoughts.
Kings have power but the Lord has all power.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:5
KJV 5 Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment.
MSTC 5 Whoso keepeth the commandment, shall feel no harm: but a wise man's heart discerneth time and manner.

These are my thoughts.
We are wise to follow God’s commandments and stay away from evil.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:6
KJV 6 Because to every purpose there is time and judgment, therefore the misery of man is great upon him.
MSTC 6 For everything will have opportunity and judgment, and this the thing that maketh men full of carefulness and sorrow.

These are my thoughts.
God has a purpose for all things.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:7
KJV 7 For he knoweth not that which shall be: for who can tell him when it shall be?
MSTC 7 And why? A man knoweth not what is for to come: for who will tell him?

These are my thoughts.
Only God truly knows, this is why we have to walk after Him thru faith.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:8
KJV 8 There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.
AKJV 8 There is no man that has power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither has he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.

These are my thoughts.
It is only by Jesus that we can do this.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 7:49 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:9
KJV 9 All this have I seen, and applied my heart unto every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man ruleth over another to his own hurt.
AKJV 9 All this have I seen, and applied my heart to every work that is done under the sun: there is a time wherein one man rules over another to his own hurt.

These are my thoughts.
The heart leads people many different ways but it is more important that we follow Jesus with my heart.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:10
KJV 10 And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of the holy, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done: this is also vanity.
AKJV 10 And so I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of the holy, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done: this is also vanity.

These are my thoughts.
Perhaps one of the saddest things is wasting a life away.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:11
KJV 11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
AKJV 11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

These are my thoughts.
Our hearts lead us to evil this is why we have to let Jesus change our hearts.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 4:57 am

Ecclesiastes 8:13
KJV 13 But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.
AKJV 13 But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he fears not before God.

These are my thoughts.
The wicked days will be short because eternity of judgment is forever. We need to cling to the grace of the Lord and have a fear for Him.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 5:20 am

Ecclesiastes 8:12
KJV 12 Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:
AKJV 12 Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:

These are my thoughts.
Nothing is better then walking with the Lord.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 7:31 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:14
KJV 14 There is a vanity which is done upon the earth; that there be just men, unto whom it happeneth according to the work of the wicked; again, there be wicked men, to whom it happeneth according to the work of the righteous: I said that this also is vanity.
AKJV 14 There is a vanity which is done on the earth; that there be just men, to whom it happens according to the work of the wicked; again, there be wicked men, to whom it happens according to the work of the righteous: I said that this also is vanity.

These are my thoughts.
We cant think that blessings and punishment are meant to be on earth.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:15
KJV 15 Then I commended mirth, because a man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labour the days of his life, which God giveth him under the sun.
AKJV 15 Then I commended mirth, because a man has no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry: for that shall abide with him of his labor the days of his life, which God gives him under the sun.

These are my thoughts.
There is nothing better then the blessings of the Lord, the greatest is salvation and His love.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:16
KJV 16 When I applied mine heart to know wisdom, and to see the business that is done upon the earth: (for also there is that neither day nor night seeth sleep with his eyes:)
AKJV 16 When I applied my heart to know wisdom, and to see the business that is done on the earth: (for also there is that neither day nor night sees sleep with his eyes:)

These are my thoughts.
We are also to apply ourselves to wisdom, His teaching, the scripture and make His business what we are about.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 9:32 pm

Ecclesiastes 8:17
KJV 17 Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea farther; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.
AKJV 17 Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labor to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yes farther; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.

These are my thoughts.
We can work without meaning or we can work with the Lord leading and have our meaning in Him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ecc 8 devotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 8 devotions   Ecc 8 devotions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ecc 8 devotions
Page 1 of 1