SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
SIMPLY HIS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMPLY HIS

CONSIDERING THE END OF THEIR CONVERSATION, JESUS CHRIST Heb:13:7

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ecc 7 devotionals

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:26 am

Ecclesiastes 7:1 King James Version (KJV)
7 A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.

Ecclesiastes 7:1 The Voice (VOICE)

7 Teacher: A good name is worth more than the finest perfume,
and the day you die is better than the day you were born.

The Voice (VOICE) The Voice Bible Copyright © 2012 Thomas Nelson, Inc. The Voice™ translation © 2012 Ecclesia Bible Society All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
We are not just to worry about the name we make for ourselves but we need to be concerned that we don’t do damage to His name because we as Christians represent Him.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 11:00 am

Ecclesiastes 7:3
KJV 3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.
MSTC 3 It is better to be sorry than to laugh, for when the countenance is heavy the heart is joyful.

These are my thoughts.
Thru sorrow we can see our need for Jesus who can give us a true reason to be happy.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 11:51 am

Ecclesiastes 7:2
KJV 2 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.
MSTC 2 It is better to go into a house of mourning, than into a banquet house: For there is the end of all men, and he that is living taketh it to heart.

These are my thoughts.
When we have nothing going our way God can bring us up but if everything is going our way then often times we will not truly live for the Lord.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Ecclesiastes 7:5
KJV 5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.
MSTC 5 It is better to give ear to the chastening of a wise man, than to hear the song of fools.

These are my thoughts.
Wisdom leads you down the right way pointing you to the Lord but fools will tell you what you want to hear.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 4:39 am

Ecclesiastes 7:4
KJV 4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.
WEB 4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

These are my thoughts.
The wise will mourn because concern for the Lord but the foolish just lives their lives for them.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:45 am

Ecclesiastes 7:6
KJV 6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.
MSTC 6 For the laughing of fools is like the crackling of thorns under a pot. And that is but a vain thing.

These are my thoughts.
Fools laugh at nothing but the wise know when to be serious.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:47 am

Ecclesiastes 7:7
KJV 7 Surely oppression maketh a wise man mad; and a gift destroyeth the heart.
MSTC 7 Whoso doeth wrong, maketh a wise man to go out of his wit, and destroyeth a gentle heart.

These are my thoughts.
Oppression can bring the wisest down we are to trust in the Lord to bring us thru it instead of our wisdom.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 11:42 pm

Ecclesiastes 7:9
KJV 9 Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.
MSTC 9 Be not hastily angry in thy mind, for wrath resteth in the bosom of a fool.

These are my thoughts.
We should be slow to anger.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 11:34 pm

Ecclesiastes 6:8
KJV 8 For what hath the wise more than the fool? what hath the poor, that knoweth to walk before the living?
MSTC 8 For what hath the wise more than the fool? What helpeth it the poor, that he knoweth to walk before the living?

These are my thoughts.
What the wise has that the fools don’t is the Lord; we are wise because we follow Him.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 9:54 am

Ecclesiastes 6:10
KJV 10 That which hath been is named already, and it is known that it is man: neither may he contend with him that is mightier than he.
MSTC 10 The thing that hath been is named already, and known - that it is man himself: neither may he go to law with him that is mightier than he.

These are my thoughts.
We can not overcome things that are stronger than us but the Lord can strengthen us to overcome when we follow Him.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 12:46 am

Ecclesiastes 7:11
KJV 11 Wisdom is good with an inheritance: and by it there is profit to them that see the sun.
MSTC 11 Wisdom is better than riches; yea, much more worth than the eyesight.
These are my thoughts.
Wisdom is gaining often times by listening to our elders and learning and it is good for life.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Ecclesiastes 6:12
KJV 12 For who knoweth what is good for man in this life, all the days of his vain life which he spendeth as a shadow? for who can tell a man what shall be after him under the sun?
MSTC 12 For who knoweth what is good for man living, in the days of his vain life, which is but a shadow? Or, who will tell a man what shall happen after him under the Sun?

These are my thoughts.
Without having purpose life is in vain but the purpose of life is to please the Lord and by this life is in Him and not in vain.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 10:59 pm

Ecclesiastes 7:12
KJV 12 For wisdom is a defence, and money is a defence: but the excellency of knowledge is, that wisdom giveth life to them that have it.
MSTC 12 For wisdom defendeth as well as money, and the excellent knowledge and wisdom giveth life to him that have it in possession.

These are my thoughts.
Life is thru a Godly wisdom which comes from accepting and making Jesus our Lord.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:24 pm

Ecclesiastes 7:13
KJV 13 Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?
MSTC 13 Consider the work of God, how that no man can make the thing straight, which he maketh crooked.

These are my thoughts.
God can make the crooked straight, we saves the lost and this is a miracle.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Ecclesiastes 7:14
KJV 14 In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him.
MSTC 14 Use well the time of prosperity and remember the time of misfortune: For God maketh one by the other, so that a man can find nothing else.

These are my thoughts.
When we go thru good times we should praise Him but thru the hard times we should turn to Him.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 4:03 am

Ecclesiastes 7:16
KJV 16 Be not righteous over much; neither make thyself over wise: why shouldest thou destroy thyself ?
WEB 16 Don’t be overly righteous, neither make yourself overly wise. Why should you destroy yourself?

These are my thoughts.
Sometimes falls happen simply because we choose to take on more than we can handle.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 9:54 am

Ecclesiastes 7:19
KJV 19 Wisdom strengtheneth the wise more than ten mighty men which are in the city.
MSTC 19 Wisdom giveth more courage unto the wise, than ten mighty men of the city.

These are my thoughts.
Nothing can replace a God given wisdom.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Ecclesiastes 7:17
KJV 17 Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?
MSTC 17 be neither too unrighteous also nor too foolish, lest thou die before thy time.

These are my thoughts.
Why should we live in wickedness there is no point to it, it is far better to live for Christ.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Pro 6:18   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 10:22 pm

Proverbs 6:18
KJV 18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
JuliaSmith 18 A heart fabricating purposes of iniquity; feet being quick to run to evil,

These are my thoughts.
If we follow after what our heart wants then it leads us to sin this is why God is to change our heart.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Ecc 7:18   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 5:54 am

Ecclesiastes 7:18
KJV 18 It is good that thou shouldest take hold of this; yea, also from this withdraw not thine hand: for he that feareth God shall come forth of them all.
MSTC 18 It is good for thee to take hold of this, and not to let that go out of thy hand. For he that feareth God shall escape them all.

These are my thoughts.
Let us hold onto the Lord.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 5:19 am

Ecclesiastes 7:22
KJV 22 For oftentimes also thine own heart knoweth that thou thyself likewise hast cursed others.
MSTC 22 For thine own heart knoweth, that thou thyself also hast oft times spoken evil by other men.

These are my thoughts.
We know in our hearts that we have wronged others and need forgiveness.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 5:34 am

Ecclesiastes 7:21
KJV 21 Also take no heed unto all words that are spoken; lest thou hear thy servant curse thee:
MSTC 21 Take not heed unto every word that is spoken, lest thou hear thy servant curse thee:

These are my thoughts.
Sometimes we can put to much value on what others say about us.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2016 8:01 am

Ecclesiastes 7:24
KJV 24 That which is far off, and exceeding deep, who can find it out?
MSTC 24 yea, and so deep that I might not reach unto her.

These are my thoughts.
Nothing is to big and hard for the Lord.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2016 10:52 pm

Ecclesiastes 7:23
KJV 23 All this have I proved by wisdom: I said, I will be wise; but it was far from me.
MSTC 23 All these things have I proved because of wisdom: For I thought to be wise, but she went farther from me than she was before;

These are my thoughts.
To be given wisdom is for the Lord to give us seeking Him often times brings us a wisdom as we get closer to Him.
Back to top Go down
clark thompson
saint
saint

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2016 12:16 am

Ecclesiastes 7:25
KJV 25 I applied mine heart to know, and to search, and to seek out wisdom, and the reason of things, and to know the wickedness of folly, even of foolishness and madness:
MSTC 25 I applied my mind also to knowledge, and to seek out science, wisdom and understanding: to know the foolishness of the ungodly, and the error of doting fools.

These are my thoughts.
We can seek this world for wisdom but it is nothing compared to God’s wisdom and the wisdom we gain thru Him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ecc 7 devotionals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ecc 7 devotionals   Ecc 7 devotionals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ecc 7 devotionals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next